QUEEN OF THE PIPING BAG [ CAKE COMMUNITY ]

I feel that I have had some GREAT opportunities in our little cake community... LET'S FACE IT our industry... our community is very PEOPLE {Humans, agh} involved.
From the people that pay, from the people that eat, from the people that inspire, teach and the list goes on... when you think about it.. a cake is that little drop in the puddle and creates a ripple effect which sometimes can cause tidal waves...
The cake story can really go on and on, sometimes years after the cake has gone... stories about "that one time you had that cake"
"that one time that cake junkie cancelled on the day of your wedding because their dog ate it"
"that one time...."


Now I sit back and reflect on my time in the industry... the opportunities it has given me are pretty awesome...and the wonderful cake community I surrounded myself in... is one AMAZING community.

I will introduce to you my cake community... WHY... well some of them don't even know that I hold them in my cake community... and you never know... I might introduce to YOU some awesome people that you didn't even know existed...

One amazing member of my cake community and one which cake gave me the opportunity to meet...

**DRUM ROLL**



Let me introduce to you, the QUEEN OF PIPE... very talented and one of the sweetest ladies I know... {who has saved my cake arse many of times}



Julie Deane from Queen of Cakes, Perth Western Australia.


**Please note, I will be using fairy tale names when referring to my past work placements, you don't need to know their real names, they aren't that important and there is no real point to know that information**

I first met Julie back in 2006 at "Love Joy"... She was quiet, shy and very keen to get into work... she just wanted to get the job done and her confidence would shine when any of our daily tasks were anything to do with royal icing, chocolate or the piping bag. I remember watching her and being mesmerised on how she made piping look so dam easy... {our kitchen at "Love Joy" now grew in STRENGTHS as my piping skills was lacking, lacking alot at this point in my cake life}

I loved working with Jules, hearing her stories of her own cake journey including her times working over at Little Venice Cake Company which opened my eyes, sparked a curiosity, wonder and interest in a whole new world outside my own little cake decorating bubble in Hamilton Hill, Perth WA.

Not only is this amazing cake artist talented, she is also a cake life saver, saving many of my cake lives (including years down the track at "Cake Circle" and then at my own cake baby, Delicate-Lee) and just being that much needed cake support (her FLORENTINES are to DIE for) that every cake person needs.

She has her own style and her own way of doing things which I admire.
She plays to her strengths and is in tune to her cake abilities to know when something doesn't fit within her cake way or limits and to pass it to someone else (some of these limits were kitchen size and also staff and time, being a mother of two boys and a home business has its own limits different to mine). I received alot of cake referrals from Jules which at one point saved my business before it even set off running, grew my business and created some of the best returning clients I could ever ask for.

The queen of cake (or the piping bag as her piping skills are off the cake charts) has an amazing attention to detail which is super CRAZY. For someone who knows cake can easily see so much time, preparation, love and tears that goes into each one of her creations. Her consistency and her own cake growth is aspiring especially to someone like me, who has no patience and only a small fraction of pipe work skills.

Julie, to you my cake friend... THANK YOU
THANK YOU for being the amazing you and everything you ever did for me, I am forever grateful. If it wasn't for you and the things you did in my little cake world, my cake journey and Delicate-Lee wouldn't have had the amazing memories and milestones it had. I wish I really could find the words to express how important you were in my cake life, thank you.

To anyone else that is still reading this, no matter what industry you belong to, it is important to surround yourself in a community who has the same values and beliefs that you do, it can take you places that your wildest dreams would never have thought of...
**like creating Nicki Minaj's birthday cake from her boyfriend at the time, Tyga or creating a large scale cake building for Perth Government House, thanks to Jules**

Go check out her work, say HI, follow her cake journey and drool over them piping skills. 

**LOOK AT THIS ** EMOJI cake she created for Julie Bishop




www.queenofcakes.com.au
or on Facebook 

No automatic alt text available.

Comments

Popular Posts